Lowrance is one of the most popular brands that provide the highest quality fishfinder, and there are many models to choose from in their vast design collection. Lowrance has many design collections, such as HOOK, HDS, and elite.
Elite fish finders are one of the most popular products of Lowrance, and there are many models available in that. They are competent and are designed for new users, but experienced users will also find them helpful.
The factory settings of the elite fishfinder and any fishfinder might not be too great because they are set at the general locations and do not necessarily meet the best performance of the device. In this article, we will learn how to set up an elite fishfinder in easy steps.
How Do I Setup My Elite Fishfinder
Setting Up The Display Numbers
The display of the elite fish finder is set to show only depth, water temperature, and speed, but you can add more things such as time and voltage. Also, you can make the size smaller so they do not take up the whole screen. Follow these steps to configure the display screen figures.
- Press the pages button, and it will open the options.
- Press the menu button one time, and it will show options. Go to overlay data and press the right button. Then choose configure and press enter.
- The information to show on the screen will appear, select them by pressing enter and select the size you want them to be.
- You can also add other display information and move their position according to their preferences.
- After that, go to the last option that is done configuration and press enter.
- You can also set the directions. Typically, the fishfinder GPS is configured as the north up, but you can always configure it for boat position.
- Go to orientation in the menu and select the COG up option there.
Setting Up the Elite Fish Finder
Fishfinder setup can be very critical, especially for your requirements. Go to the fish finder page by pressing the page button and selecting the fish finder option. Once you are there, you will have a sonar response, and you can configure it as:
- Press the menu button twice and move your way to the Sonar option using the navigation keys. Choose the installation options, and when you go down, you will see the transducer type. Make sure that it is selected as an 83/200 kHz transducer. If it is not, then select the transducer type and pick the transducer from the list.
- You can also choose the fishing mode for your environment, press the menu button twice from the home screen and go to the sonar. In the sonar option, choose the fishing mode and press enter. It will give options of shallow water, deep water, slow trolling, etc.; select the chance you think is appropriate.
- You can customize the sonar according to preference by pressing the menu button once and then going to the sonar options. Could you open it and go to the color option? Choose the color you like, but the most recommended color is white with w/the bottom track. This provides information about the base and also detects walleye in the bottom.
- You can also set the frequency, but the most recommended is high CHIRP, suited for low depth.
- You can also set the sensitivity if you think the sonar is getting an unwanted response or the response is too dull. Press the menu once and go to adjust…
- You can change the sensitivity and the color line from there.
Setting Up The Screen
In factory settings, the screen shows only one page, but you can change it to have a map and fishfinder data on the screen at the same time. Follow these steps to set up the screen.
- Press the page button and then choose the map with the sonar option. This will change the screen so it will show both of them
- Press the page button and menu button. It will open the screen options such as page split and size. You can adjust the size of the screen according to your preferences.
- You can also choose the down scan and the sonar split-screen option if it matches your preferences.
Setting up the fish finder is not a difficult task, and you can learn to do it the more you use it but changing some settings at the start are very useful if you want them to work at full potential and according to your requirements.