“I kept throwing my fishing net to no avail”
How sad this situation can be for any of us who went out to catch some fish for ourselves.
He kept wondering all day where he could possibly have found the fish in abundance.
The boat kept moving around and he was clueless of the best fishing spots available in a certain area.
If a Fish Finder with an inbuilt GPS is deployed to locate fishes, there is a far better probability to locate fish with minimum effort. No more clueless situations and fish catchers are able to maneuver themselves smartly than before around the fishing lake.
Now, if you want to reduce your stress levels, increase productivity level by planning your own fishing routes, and get better output of your time to catch maximum fishes out there then don’t delay the decision to buy a fishfinder device that also supports GPS functionality.
Table of Contents
10 Best Fish Finder GPS Combo 2023 Reviews
We felt that most of us keep buying the wrong products because of a lack of awareness. For you to make the best decision, you should go through our collection of 10 best fishfinder GPS Combo that will make your fishing time convenient and productive.
If you still feel confused about which product to buy after going through them all, you can read our fish finder buying guide and read Conclusion in the end to make a purchasing decision.
Top Fish Finder GPS Combo Comparison Table
Smart Sonar –
Top Pick overall
Helix 7 –
Best Fish Finder
Garmin Striker 4
Helix 5 – Best
HELIX 7 – Best
Garmin Striker 4
– Best Fish
4cv – Best Fish
Plus 5cv –
Best Fish Finder
HOOK2 7X –
Helix 8 G3N –
1. Deeper PRO+ Smart Sonar – Top Pick Overall Fish Finder GPS Combo
Astonishingly amazing product for all the fishfinders with GPS combo out there who can get things done for themselves through a smartphone.
Deeper PRO+Smart Sonar is a lightweight, portable gadget that can be thrown deep into the water and SONAR results are displayed on a smartphone.
Deeper Smart Sonar Application is available on both Android and IOS and no internet is required for connectivity.
Although, your device internet connection should be turned off so that you can do fishing without any interruption.
They have self-reliant Wifi Connectivity that has a range of 100 m.
This unit has a weight of only 100 g so you can easily carry it along while exploring the fishing site. Deeper Pro+ Smart Sonar is connected with your castable cable conveniently with the use of Bolt Pins.
There are three different attachment spots available to tie your Deeper Pro with a Cable Rod.
- Bottom Attachment to be used while standing on the shore
- The Middle One to be used when drifting with Sonar along with the boat
- The Top Attachment Point to be used to drop the Deeper straight into the water
Deeper PRO can also be used for Ice Fishing and each structure is detected to near perfection. It has a scanning range up to 260ft and carries out 15 scans per second with the use of a Dual Beam.
On your device screen, you are able to monitor everything closely with flasher display and zoom features.
- Extremely lightweight deeper fish finder that allows you to carry it anywhere without much hassle.
- It has an Inbuilt GPS that facilitates creating bathymetric maps while staying at the shore. This feature allows you to perform analyses while being away from the shore.
- Excellent display of Detailed Map outlining Underground Physical Structure and the fishes detected are drawn on your Device.
- Get going within minutes as it instantly integrates with your Mobile Application.
- Solunar Calendar, a record of previous GPS Coordinates, and trip mapping are the features that are available with Deep Smart Sonar Mobile Application.
- Ice Fishing Mode Supported to -4 Degrees Centigrade
- The adventure ends with a low or dead battery. You need to be absolutely vigilant to charge the Deeper Pro and your Device to be able to keep hunting the fish out there.
- The usability of Deeper Pro is completely reliant on a reliable Mobile Phone Device. Connectivity can also be a problem if cables of extended length are used.
- Not much suitable for Deep Fishing as it can detect water surroundings to 260ft.
Deeper Pro+ (ITGAM0303) is one of the most highly praised fish finder GPS combos under $400 due to its thorough, accurate and vigilant search of the underwater realm. This portable device is a worthy consideration for ambitious anglers who want to upgrade equipment for shallow-water fishing.
2. Hummingbird Helix 7 – Best Brand Fish Finder GPS Combo
Explore the world beneath the water with a crystal clear view on your Hummingbird Helix 7 Fish Finder Screen.
This product gives new dimensions to the fishing experience and gives a profound picture beneath with split-screen view options.
This Hummingbird Helix 7 model comes with ultra-wide 7 inches display screen and built-in GPS with Hummingbird Baseman. It gives a clear view of 125 feet underwater in a 360 Degree angle around your boat.
So, it allows both Mega Side Imaging and Mega Down Imaging features allowing fishermen to do complete analyses of the fishing area.
If we see the GPS technology, Wide Area Augmentation Technology has been used to report the most accurate data swiftly during live fishing.
2500 waypoints can be saved in this device and the track plotting feature is also available.
This Hummingbird Helix 7 model comes with a Low Q Chirp Transducer and Dual Spectrum. This enables the user to use wide mode to make maximum coverage and narrow mode to get maximum detail.
The detailed reporting features include underwater terrain, day markers, hazards, depth markers, and allows you to create real-time charts for your personalized fishing spots.
- You are able to perform in-depth analyses of a fishing spot.
- Three times better output in comparison to Standard Side Imaging Sonar.
- Charts Available for more than 10000 Lakes along with Coastal Coverage of the United States
- It helps to master the complete terrain of any lake and helps to identify objects in detail underneath the water.
- Shows water depth, its temperature and time for any fishing spot.
- SI Imaging does not change colors.
- No SD Card Mapping
- A bit complex to get used to.
- The transducer cannot be installed on a Trolling Motor
Humminbird Helix-7 MSI G3 comes with the sole purpose of giving seasoned fishermen a taste of top-notch, loaded equipment at a competitive price. Whether it’s the question of the best fish finder GPS combo under $1000 or the best side imaging and down imaging fish finder, Helix-7 Chirp MSI G3 will be among the top picks.
3. Garmin Striker 4 -Best Affordable Fish Finder GPS Combo
Garmin Striker 4 is an economic fish finding solution with GPS functionality. It helps you take underwater detailed photographic images outlining fished, objects and structures underneath.
The main purpose of this device is to allow fishers to mark their fishing spots while roaming around the place and come back after detailed analyses and planning.
It comes in 3.5,5 and 7 inches screen so you need to decide what size you are able to carry along conveniently.
This is quite easy to use and create a detailed Waypoint map for your fishing activity. The depth varies according to the type of water the fishfinder is in:
- 1600 Feet for Freshwater
- 750 Feet for Saltwater
The Sonar is able to separate the fish targets and is able to do this because CHIRP keeps generating a wide range of frequencies and detecting their echoes.
An upgrade to Garmin High-Performance Chirp technology will allow you to get crystal clear Sonar images and separation of Targets.
- An Economic Solution with a variety of upgrades available of your own choice.
- A Simple and User-Friendly Device Interface
- Quite Accurate GPS System. Plotting on a Way map is quite convenient.
- A Power Supply of 12V is required for its operation. (Occasionally a Car Battery is used)
- The Screen and Keyboard is not waterproof
- Accessories up-gradation becomes inevitable for certain circumstances.
- Moisture build-up on the screen makes it difficult to use.
- No Land Maps Available
Although Garmin Striker 4 is an inexpensive fish fetcher, its scanning abilities in freshwater and saltwater are astounding. Its compact design with GPS and waypoint mapping functionalities make it a perfect fit for ultra-confined vessels like kayaks, canoes and Jon boats.
4. Humminbird ICE Helix 5 – Best Value Fish Finder Chirp GPS
A perfect solution designed by Hummingbird for Ice fishing. It comes with a Dual Spectrum Chirp Digital Sonar that gives a detailed understanding of structure beneath the ice.
It also comes with a GPS combo and features a Hummingbird base map and settings can be done to reject signal interferences.
A 5 Inches HD LCD Display Screen gives detailed colorful views and you can see in real the fish moving around. The movements underwater are displayed instantly and it is quite interactive to do ice fishing with Hummingbird Ice Helix 5 Fishfinder.
The screen also has a Digital Readout and gives you an overview of conditions beneath the water.
The product packaging includes a safety carrying case and a reliable battery that can be used all day.
- Includes Carrying Case and a Transducer for convenient use while on your boat
- Instant Detection of Fish Movements making them too easy to catch
- Quite easy to set up the Device Settings
- Zero Interference Allowed
- Battery life sustains the whole day
- Multiple Cord Cables required for supporting Transducer System
- Frequent disconnection of cords cable because of loose-fitting
Humminbird Ice Helix5 makes testing ice fishing a piece of cake with its high-precision dual-spectrum chirp, HD-quality readouts and efficient navigation functionalities. If you are looking for a value fish finder for ice fishing with excellent performance, Ice Helix-5 is your guy.
5. Humminbird HELIX 7 – Best MEGA Side Imaging Fish Finder GPS
A powerful fishfinder GPS combo because of the inclusion of Navionics and an SD Card. Coverage data for over 21000 lakes are available for the US and Canada.
This model of Hummingbird Helix 7 also features Mega Side Imaging and Down Side Imaging allowing you to see crystal clear views 360 Degree around your boat and 125 feet deep.
This device comes with Dual Spectrum Chirp Sonar outlining crystal clear view of fishes and below water structures.
The GPS and Hummingbird base map allows you to freely navigate around the fishing area. All these wide arrays of information are displayed on a 7 inches screen with multi-screen viewing options.
The product comes along with a Transducer and all the supporting hardware required for mounting. So, this fish finder has some really nice features that empower your fishing activity.
- An economical product because it provides powerful features within the given price.
- Pre-Loaded Split Screen Views and Lake Maps Data saves a great deal of time.
- Powerful in-built GPS System through Navionics
- Accurate Data related to water depths, temperatures, speed of boat and navigation system
- Clear Screen Visibility in bright environments.
- Convenient to use with reliable mounting hardware
- SI Imaging does not change colors.
- Trolling Motor for Transducer not available.
- Some time required to get used to the product’s complex interface.
This identical twin of the above Helix-7 model has an exception of Nav+, topographic details of 21000 lakes (US & Canada) and an external memory chip. The price is also lower than its twin. So, if you want a loaded unit to fish offshore with professional efficacy, the best way forward is through Helix-7 G3N MSI Nav+.
6. Garmin Striker 4 – Best Fish Finder GPS with Transducer
It is a similar product as we’ve explained above but it comes with an expert power battery o12 V and 7A.
It is a rechargeable lead-acid battery that can sustain a temperature range of -20 Degree to +50 Degrees Centigrade.
If you want to operate a Garmin Striker 4 then you must purchase their expert power battery along with it. Both complement each other and can bring quite good fish finding results.
This battery is designed and packed in such a way that it is safe to use in complex moisture environments and will provide the power required in no time.
- User-Friendly Battery and Fishfinder combination
- It needs to be set up only once.
- Non-Stop operation of Garmin Striker 4
- Chirp Sonar and Transducer included
- No USB Charging
- Multiple interconnections of cords and cables
This Striker 4 is the same one we reviewed above, with the only exception of the inclusion of a powerful rechargeable battery – a 12V 7-amp lead acid battery. The power of CHirp and GPS coupled with personal mapping of bottom composition can quickly lead you to intended targets in every fishing environment, particularly in shallower areas.
7. Garmin Striker 4cv – Best Fish Finder GPS with ClearVu Scanning Sonar
Garmin Striker Series has always been an economical and easy-to-use product for fishfinding and GPS Systems.
This one also fits in the above criteria and is a more durable product due to its rugged design suitable for adverse fishing environments.
Marking waypoints and building your own fishing routes is a much more convenient task with Garmin Striker 4cv that comes with an in-built GPS System.
CHIRP Traditional and ClearVu Scanning Sonar Transducer make this product a preferred choice for most fishermen.
The selling proposition of this device is the Garmin Quickdraw Contours Mapping Software. When you are looking around for fishes and marking your spots, this software allows you to easily create your custom maps.
It has a really good target separation capability and works in any kind of fishing environment.
- Exact plotting of the Way map and marking fishing spots are remarkably convenient.
- Easy Device Setup and Accessibility of Navigational Menu.
- Good readability scores in Sunlight.
- The transducer size is 6inches large that does not fit into the trolling motor. ( A Custom made PVC will be required to make it functional on trolling motor.
- No Software updates available
- No SD Card Slot
Garmin Striker 4cv sets an apt example for the best inexpensive fish finder GPS combo. Its efficient down imaging, way map plotting and high-resolution legible display make it dependable for any fishing excursion, especially on small vessels.
8. Garmin Striker Plus 5cv – Best Fish Finder GPS Plotter
Garmin Striker Plus 5cv is a user-intuitive fishfinding device introduced in combination with a GPS System.
The product comes with an already installed Garmin CHIRP traditional sonar plus CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar and a compatible transducer.
This series success recipe is a built-in Contours mapping Software called Garmin Quickdraw. A million acres of the land map can be covered by a 1” Contour and can be stored in the device for future use.
Along with this software, the GPS system makes it super easy to create your own routes by marking upon the waypoints.
This gadget is also has a rugged design so it can be more durable against an adversary fishing environment.
The display resolution is 800×400 Pixels so users are able to get clear views of an underneath situation.
- User-Friendly Device and Quick Installation Process
- Wide Range of Sound Frequencies are Detected
- Readability scores quite well during daytimes
- Ability to create your own custom maps and routes
- No maps availability
- Coordinates are shown only in the in-built GPS
- No Autocharts available
Garmin Striker 5cv is a recipe for success in almost any adversary fishing application due to its rugged build, effective chirp technology, high-precision GPS coordinates and custom map plotting. It’s an outstanding overall value option for budget-conscious avid fishermen, irrespective of a few catch-22s.
9. HOOK2 7X – Best Top Rated Fish Finder GPS
Users would spend less time on setting up this device because it features an Auto-Tuning Functionality for Sonars.
Hook2 7X comes with a wide-angle CHIRP sonar cone making its coverage two times more than the commonly deployed Sonars.
The Sonar Views are supported with a Splitshot Transducer allowing users to DownScan and outlining the views of Fish Arch. The device comes with a GPS Plotter that makes it a real convenience for the fish finders.
You can always spend time on finding fishing spots and marking your way to create a customized map for future use.
- Easy Installation and Setup Process. Mobile-Like Menu Available on the Device Screen.
- Internal GPS Antenna
- Bright Display and Easy Controls
- A transducer is easily mountable on trolling motors and other hardware.
- Sonar Auto-Tuning feature saves a great deal of ti,e
- No Splitscreen available with a Split Transducer
- No instruction guide available in English
- No inbuilt maps for GPS Plotter. Just basic navigation is displayed.
- No indication of depth, speed, and temperature
When you want a wide-coverage chirp alongside the power of GPS chart plotting and downscan without giving up on user-friendliness, go straight towards Lowrance Hook2 7x. Despite its shortcomings, it gives a run for the money to costlier rivals.
10. Humminbird Helix 8 G3N – Best Fish Finder GPS MEGA DI
A high-end technological fishfinder with powerful Scanning and GPS Support Systems. This fish finder gives the ultra quality views of life and objects underwater.
The output of Hummingbird Helix 8 Sonar is three times better than any other Sonar available in the market.
A wide variety of Screen Displays are available ranging from 8” to 12.1” and support incredible fishing view modes. You can use a wide mode to cover the maximum area underwater or a narrow mode to know more details for any fish view.
These powerful features are available because of a Dual Spectrum Chirp Sonar that performs its functions with amazing accuracy.
The product packaging includes all the necessary mounting hardware and a combination of power cables that makes it quite easy to use the product.
Hummingbird base map, built-in GPS, Autochart features and Bluetooth connectivity with a mobile phone makes Fishing a super easy and fun task to do.
The interface can be navigated through a user-intuitive keyboard deployed on Hummingbird Helix 8.
- Users can create their own customized Contour Maps with much better ease.
- Identifies detailed structures underneath water helping out in formulating better fishing strategies.
- Autocharts available for US Lakes along with coverage of the Coastal Areas
- Ethernet Connectivity Supported
- Compatible with LakeMaster and Navionics Chart
- Notifications can be received on Mobile Phone through Bluetooth Connectivity
- A high-end product in terms of Pricing
Humminbird Helix8 G3N MDI gives you a sneak peek of what’s in store for enthusiasts in high-end units of the series. The enhanced performance of everything from chirp to down imaging to GPS and mapping technologies makes it worth deploying on challenging scenes.
Getting hands-on the Best Fish Finder GPS Combo in 2023
If you are still confused about which fish finder to buy that comes with a powerful GPS System, then don’t worry we have got your back.
So, let’s get through the things quickly to give you a better understanding of all the technical terms and what specs will be most useful.
Built-in GPS functionality makes a fish finder more handy and capable. If you want to be more aware of the surroundings and areas where your boat should be moving, then a GPS combo with a fish finder is a must-have.
You can easily track your routes and even create your own customized way maps with the help of a built-in GPS System.
It increases the knowledge base of any fisherman and he can easily maneuver his way out from complex situations.
Some devices come with the availability of maps by default and some support drawing of maps and marking your favorite spots.
A Powerful GPS has an effect on the price of a Fish Finder so you need to get the best GPS Combo fishfinder within your budget.
Secondary Factors to be considered while buying a Fish Finder
There are many things that we pay little importance but can have a massive impact. Each of the products that are bought should be researched properly and comparing the features of different products should always be done.
We have listed out the best finder GPS combo and you can choose any of them based on your preferences of below factors.
Since fishing requires us and our boats to move around the fishing area to find the best spots. We need to carry our fish finder along in order to detect fishes and structures beneath.
Now, if your fish finder has rechargeable batteries that can last longer then it is a great feature. Otherwise, most of them are required to be backed by a power source.
Mostly, these are connected with car batteries or one order a portable power supply. Both, power supply and fishfinder gadgets need to be lightweight and easy to carry along. If you have other accessories at your disposal then you might go otherwise.
Sonar and Transducer Frequency Ranges
The frequency ranges of a fishfinder determine how precise they can be in detecting fishes underneath the water. They come in a wide variety of frequency ranges and the requirements are different for Shallow Water and Deep Water.
These Sonars and transducers complement each other in presenting an effective view underwater.
So, you need to study well about the environment of your fishing then figure out what frequency range will suit you.
The importance of this feature can be realized from the fact that we have mentioned the depth for each fish finder listed. This obviously depends on the scale and size of your fishing activities.
The ones mentioned above are suited to most of the lakes and fishing areas found around the globe.
It is better to always get the idea of the depth of the waters you are going to do fishing. Once you have an idea then order yourself a fish finder.
Each of the fish finders comes with a different set of capabilities and the depth they are able to dig in.
Display Size and Screen Resolution
This is the most common feature that is considered by the buyers. For obvious reasons, a larger Display size will help you out in seeing things more closely and precisely.
Though, smaller sizes will be more convenient to carry.
The screen resolution determines the actual quality a user is going to see. So it is recommended that never compromise on high-quality resolution.
The readability of screens during sunlight is a worthy consideration and never get yourself a low-quality resolution screen.
Power Inputs and Mounting Hardware
Now, this is a trickier part and most of the buyers tend to ignore this point. If large power inputs are required to operate a fishfinder GPS combo then it will be difficult to buy, maintain and carry heavy-weight batteries.
So, select gadgets that are easy to carry on your boatsS and don’t take up that much space. Otherwise, you can upgrade your boat.
Mounting Hardware, like transducers on trolling motor, should be easy to set up and tight enough to remain fixed on their position.
Most of the time, it will be a headache if you aren’t able to get things done due to the poor quality of mounting hardware. No cable or equipment should get disconnected during the course of fishing.
The warranty and buying from trusted suppliers is the most important thing you should do. Fishfinder is an electronic device and its packaging should include certain accessories or it will be of no use.
Also, some parts may stop working during fishing. So, order your fishfinder from a renowned supplier and get a product in warranty. If something is faulty, return the product at the earliest possibility.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions about GPS Combo Fish Finders)
What is a fish finder GPS combo?
A fish finder GPS combo is a device that combines the features of a fish finder and a GPS. It utilizes sonar technology to detect fish and underwater structures, while also providing accurate location tracking and navigation capabilities.
How does a fish finder GPS combo work?
The fish finder component emits sound waves into the water, which bounce off objects and return as echoes. These echoes are interpreted by the device to display information about the underwater environment. The GPS component provides precise location information, allowing anglers to mark waypoints, track their position, and navigate effectively.
What are the benefits of using a fish finder GPS combo?
- Increased fishing efficiency by locating fish and underwater structures.
- Accurate navigation and mapping.
- Integration of sonar and GPS functionalities in a single device.
- Real-time data for informed fishing decisions.
What features should I look for in a fish finder GPS combo?
- Sonar type (e.g., traditional, CHIRP, side imaging) and scanning capabilities.
- GPS accuracy and mapping functionalities.
- Display size, resolution, and readability.
- Transducer quality and compatibility.
- User-friendly interface and intuitive controls.
- Additional features like networking capabilities, wireless connectivity, and advanced fish-finding technologies.
Can a fish finder GPS combo be used in both freshwater and saltwater?
Yes, most fish finder GPS combos are suitable for use in both freshwater and saltwater environments. However, it’s important to check the product specifications to ensure compatibility.
Are fish finder GPS combos suitable for all types of fishing?
Fish finder GPS combos are versatile and can be used for various types of fishing, including freshwater, saltwater, ice fishing, and offshore fishing.
How much does a fish finder GPS combo cost?
The cost of a fish finder GPS combo varies depending on the brand, model, and features. Entry-level models may start around $200, while high-end units can range up to $2,000 or more. Consider your budget and fishing needs when making a selection.
How do I install and mount a fish finder GPS combo on my boat?
Installation and mounting processes vary by device and boat setup. It’s recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions provided with the fish finder GPS combo. Professional installation or assistance may be required in some cases.
Can I use a fish finder GPS combo from a kayak or smaller fishing vessel?
Yes, many fish finder GPS combos are suitable for use on kayaks, small boats, and other fishing vessels. Compact and portable options are available specifically designed for smaller watercraft.
Are there any maintenance tips for keeping my fish finder GPS combo in good condition?
To ensure the longevity and performance of your fish finder GPS combo, consider the following tips:
- Regularly clean the display screen and transducer.
- Protect the device from extreme temperatures and excessive moisture.
- Securely store and transport the unit to prevent damage.
- Check for software updates and firmware upgrades.
- Follow the recommended maintenance procedures outlined in the user manual.
11. Why should I purchase a chartplotter fish finder combo?
The answer is simple; because of the ease, cost-effectiveness and additional perks. You don’t have to purchase and learn chartplotter and sounder separately; one unit has everything you need.
Most of all, the navigation to fruitful fishing zones becomes unchallenging. Not to mention, the fear of outright failure perishes almost entirely.
12. Who makes the most reliable fish finders GPS combo?
Garmin, Lowrance and Humminbird come neck to neck with each other when introducing technology-packed chartplotter combo fish finders at competitive pricing. However, when it comes to relatively high-end fish finders combining GPS and the latest cartography functionalities, the reliability and value of Humminbird’s Helix and Garmin’s EchoMap UHD have no match.
Raymarine Dragonfly units are also dependable options at affordable prices.
13. Which GPS combo fish finder is the easiest to use?
If user-friendliness and intuitive settings are the variables for selection, Lowrance Hook2 7x is the best. Close seconds are Garmin striker 4cv, Plus 5cv and Humminbird Ice Helix5.
If your interest is a relatively high-end product with uncomplicated use for mid-range performers, Humminbird Helix (8 and 9), Garmin Striker 7, Lowrance Elite (7 and 9) and Hook2 9 are worthy contenders.
14. What fish finder has the most accurate GPS and best mapping technology?
The GPS chartplotter and mapping functionalities of Humminbird Helix 7 (Mega SI & DI), Helix 8 G3N Helix 5 G2, Lowrance Hook Reveal 7, Lowrance HDS-7 and Garmin Striker 4 and Striker Plus 5cv are the best.
Many fishing gurus vote for Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 to have the best mapping functionality at an affordable price.
The buying process is always a complex one and getting a fishfinder GPS combo is also one of a trickier business. Since this is a product that is not commonly used in our daily lives, so we can’t get an idea of certain brands or products.
However, we’ve tried to outline the best fish finder GPS Combo available throughout and outlined the pros and cons of each one of them. You must use our Fishfinder buying guide in order to get the best one for yourself.
Fishing is a great healthy and engaging activity. Fishfinders cause convenience to this process and help in exploring the world beneath the water. It is an amazing device to have and saves a great deal of time against a small investment.